Here in the District of Columbia, a State of Emergency has been issued for the impending snowstorm headed our way. Everything is shutting down: Metro Trains & Buses are not running this weekend so basically we aren’t going anywhere. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing as long as you know how to plan for it.
Preparation for Spending Multiple Hours indoors:
- Make a list of all the Netflix, Showtime and HBO shows/series you want to watch. We are going to be watching:
- Battle Creek (CBS Series on Netflix)
- Billions (Showtime)
- Mozart in the Jungle (Amazon Series)
- River (Netflix Series)
- Making a Murderer (Netflix Series)
- Go Grocery Shopping. You know when you’re indoors and want to watch movies you will be hungry! It is also safe to say the delivery man will be unable to bring you take out.
- Buy Wine & Beer. You know you’re going to want to have a drink while it’s snowing so beautifully outside and will not be trekking out on foot in the snow for it. Plan ahead!
- Read. Find all those books and articles you’ve been meaning to read and bring them all together. I’ve got a small list of books that I’ll be pulling from:
- Harry Potter Series (I’ve decided to re-read them all!)
- Gretchen Rubin’s Better Than Before
- Nap. When all else fails, it’s a great time to catch up on some shut eye, which helps with stress levels, skin issues and weight management!
Maddy clearly has the right idea as this is what she has been doing all day: